Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Dunnottar Castle - Scotland - Outdoor Wednesday




It's Outdoor Wednesday hosted by the wonderful Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer. Please visit Susan's blog to see other Outdoor Wednesday participants.


These pictures were taken a couple of weeks ago during our stay in Scotland. To be honest, the entire vacation was totally overwhelming. I took over 1,500 pictures of Ireland and Scotland.
I hope you enjoy these of Dunnottar Castle.

Mumzie

William Wallace, Mary Queen of Scots, the Marquis of Montrose and the future King Charles II, all graced the Castle with their presence. Most famously though, it was at Dunnottar Castle that a small garrison help out against the might of Cromwell's army for eight months and saved the Scottish Crown Jewels, the "Honours of Scotland", from destruction.

Wow! I was overwhelmed by it's beauty.




Notice the boat and how small it is compared to the cliffs.


The ocean was so beatiful!


Monument to War Veterans.

The Hubs!




I just couldn't help myself....I had to take pictures of all the flowers





Yes, Fuchsia's grow wild...can you believe it!





Angelica? Wild Carrot? or Bedstraw? I'm not sure...but they were beautiful.

2 comments:

The Green Pea said...

Mumie, The pictures are soooo beautiful. You must of had a wonderful vacation!!! Thank you for sharing your pics. Sandi

Sue said...

The queen once graced this castle, and now you and the hubs have! I'm glad you had great times in the land of the Celts. :-) Sue