Sunday, November 22, 2009

Buttery Mulled Cider


Artwork by:
Ann Yvonne Gilbert

Buttery Mulled Cider

1 cup fresh apple cider
2 teaspoons sugar
1 cinnamon stick
1 whole clove
Pinch of ground applespice
1/2 teaspoon butter
1/4 cup Calvados

In a small saucepan over low heat, bring all ingredients except the butter and calvados to a light simmer, taking care not to let the mixture boil. 
Stirring occasionally, continue to simmer over low heat for another 15 minutes.

Strain into a mug, and stir in the butter and calvados.


Ann Yvonne Gilbert is one of my favorite artists. 
The big cat in this piece reminds me of  "Blackie" my childhood kitty. I remember the day we brought him home from my grandfather's farm .  He was the only barn kitten that let me pick him up...I guess he wanted to come home with me that day, and he did.  He lived a very long life as a city cat in Turlock.   

Happy Monday!

Mumzie

2 comments:

Micki said...

Thanks for the recipe...it looks yummy!
Micki

Pam said...

This sounds good. Thanks for sharing.