Wednesday, October 27, 2010

In Search of Pumpkins - The Gathering Process - Step One

I've been asked by a few fellow bloggers to show how
I make my pumpkin centerpieces.

So.....

I've been gathering pumpkins for a week or so to make some centerpieces
I found in these in Turlock and they all fit in the back of my truck.

 I'm not selling any this year, these are for myself and relatives.

This one will make a great Halloween pumpkin - - He was free.

 This one is from Safeway...I bought two like this...one for Colin and one for Aiden.
It weighs around 40 lbs...and cost $4.99.  Aiden's was a little larger than this one, and I delivered it to him last week.  Safeway was having a sale....buy one and get one free....perfect price and a fantastic bargain.
Colin's dad will be carving this big guy on Halloween!
 This Fairytale pumpkin is from Sue's barn on Highway 120. 
She's mine!
 Some of my collection.
 I love these green ones. 
 

 Another Fairytale pumpkin which will make a beautiful centerpiece.
 This one is my favorite...I love the touches of pink and orange.

Next I will scrub them with warm water and a toothbrush! 
Then buff with a soft terry towel.

Next step...design and decorate.

Mumzie

3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

You found a great collection of different shapes and sizes...I love the bumpy and odd! I would love to see how you are going to decorate them! :-)

XO,
Janie

Linda said...

You have some great pumpkins there....can't wait to see the center piece!

Bearly Sane said...

You have such a great array of pumpkins in the States, we don't have as many to choose from downunder...but we do have the most wonderful Queensland Blue!
Warmest Hugs,
Sandi @ Ess D'Ess Bears and Bearly Sane Studio