Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Picnic Basket Makeover - Before & After


Before

Years ago I won this picnic basket at Bunco.
Since, I already had two other wicker picnic baskets....never used it. 
It was just taking up space, so I decided to give it a makeover and donate to a silent auction
the Peruvian Paso Horse Show in Vegas.  
********
First, what I liked about it was it's unique horseshoe shape.
So, I decided to go with a horse theme for the makeover.

I used fabric designed by Laurel Burch ...."Mythical Horses"
...one of my favorites!


 The gathering of all the pieces to match the fabric was  fun....plates, cups, utensils, and napkins.
I made the napkin holders with covered elastic and snaps...
.My sewing is a little rusty, but duable.
I found everything on sale at different stores...50-75% off! 
T.J.Max, Pier One Imports & Safeway.
The most difficult part was the taking it apart...
and finding the correct size rivets.


Finished!

Actually, this project was so much fun that
every time I see a picnic...I get all excited and can't resist.
 I've been collecting more baskets....
can't wait to see what they will look like!
My projects keep growing.....

Mumzie

3 comments:

Bearly Sane said...

Wow! Your makeover really came up a treat. Love the fabric and the way you picked up the colours.
Hugs,
Sandi

beauty said...

hello ..iam just visit here. nice post. thanks

Miss Jean said...

I'm lovin' the basket!!!! You are so talented!!