Friday, April 17, 2009

Yoga - The Good Life

My Yoga Path.....


Well it's week three of my three month Anti-Aging Yoga class, which is actually a class beyond yoga. I've taken yoga classes before, this one's a little different. First of all, a class of this nature has never been offered in the Central Valley. You would have to travel to San Francisco or Los Angeles. Since classes of this nature normally cost around $150, and it is being offered free as part of my gym membership, I thought I would give it a try. My teacher, who I will call Yogi Al, will be 60 next year and has been studying yoga for over 25 years. He promises if we follow his techniques, we will all look younger by July!


The first two classes were lectures on lifestyle.
1)No alcohol; 2) No eating after 6:00pm unless it's fruit;
3) Fiber at night; 4) No caffeine;
5) Breathing exercises; 6) Yoga asanas (exercises); 7) Water with lemon.

Well, this all seemed a little too extreme for me because I love my tea and wine; and I always eat late because that's when the Hubs gets home from work. So, Ive been trying; not always successful....but I've been trying. I gave up the wine. However, I did partake in a Mamosa or two on Easter Sunday. I'm working on having less tea, but I'm not sure this is something I can give up...especially as the weather gets warmer....I love my ice tea! Anyway, last night Yogi Al tells the class we can have "red" wine, 1-2 glasses for women and 3 glasses for men per week. I guess, he was just trying to see who was serious about the class. This is a good thing....it looks like I'll be having a glass of red wine with dinner!


Thought for the Day.......


The Good Life


Once one knows what really matters, one ceases to be voluble. And what does really matter? That is easy: thinking and doing, doing and thinking - and these are the sum of all wisdom...Both must move ever onward in life, to and fro, like breathing in and breathing out. Whoever makes it a rule to test action by thought, thought by action, cannot falter, and if he does, will soon find his way back to the right road.


- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe



Yoga produces an incredible feeling of joy, peace, and beauty that is beyond words!
Mumzie

No comments: