You will Need:
1 large cooking apple, washed and cored
3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons raisins
1 tablespoon butter
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees
* Cut a 1 1/2-inch circle of skin off the top of the apple, and also
slit the skin around the apple for expansion while baking.
* Mix the brown sugar and raisins.
* Place apple in a small ovenproof dish.
* Fill cored opening with the sugar and raisin mixture, then top with butter.
* Pour enough water into the pan to come halfway up the side of the apple.
* Bake the apple for around 45 minutes, or until soft.
The weather's been cool today, and I've been craving apple pie.
So, I'm going to bake some apples instead.
I think I'll use some brown sugar subsitute in place of the real brown sugar.